The Eye-Opening Truth: Glasses vs. Contact Lenses-Why Glasses Can Be A Clear Choice
Our eyes are precious, and taking care of them should be a top priority. Whether you have perfect vision, a mild prescription, or rely heavily on corrective lenses, it's essential to consider the pros and cons of your eyewear choices.
In this blog, we'll delve into the world of eye health and the battle between glasses and contact lenses. While both have their merits, we believe there is a compelling case for choosing tried-and-true glasses and how they can offer unparalleled comfort and protection for your eyes.
The Pros of Contact Lenses:
1. Invisibility: When you want to look like you’re wearing nothing at all…on your EYES, indeed contact lenses are known for their near invisible appearance and for some this is definitely a plus!
The Frame Rebuttal: In contrast, choosing a stylish frame can give you an added pop and can even provide you with the chance to be playful, or allow you to choose a frame style that just embodies a new element of your personality and showcases it off!
Shop this fall friendly frame Eugenia is rocking above from the Väri Combo Collection, the VR-10 in Gold/Red.
2. Full Field of Vision: Contacts sit directly on your eyes, providing an unobstructed field of vision.
The Frame Rebuttal: With the prescription, comfort and fit, wearing glasses doesn’t have to FEEL like you’re wearing glasses. And, if you need to take off your corrective lenses for a moment, it is as easy as removing them from your face. Not so easy when you have contacts in!
3. Active Lifestyle: If you enjoy sports or other physical activities, contacts may be a more practical choice as they won't slide down your nose or fog up.
The Frame Rebuttal: To minimize the likelihood of sliding down your nose, we have many styles of our frames with customizable nose pads that can be inserted for a specialized fit. In addition, many of these frames are constructed of a proprietary TR-90 that minimizes any movement on the nose.
Cons of Contacts Lenses:
- Discomfort: Ouch, is that a stick in my eye? Many contact lens wearers complain of discomfort, especially after extended use, and never mind if you get a microscopic piece of dirt or eyelash under your contact – YOWSA! In addition, dryness, irritation, and the risk of eye infections can often be problematic.
- Maintenance: Exhausted after a long day? Falling asleep on the couch? If you are wearing contacts, you might want to think again. Daily contacts require meticulous care, including cleaning, disinfecting, and regular replacement, which can be inconvenient and add additional cost.
- Limited UV Protection: Most contact lenses don't offer UV protection, leaving your eyes vulnerable to harmful UV rays, so make sure to protect your eyes if you choose contacts with a great pair of sunglasses that can filter the glare.
Ahhhhh, the Comfort Advantage of Glasses
We aren’t contact lens haters, but while they can have some advantages, we feel the benefits of glasses outweigh most of them. At Väri, our glasses are designed with your well-being in mind. We understand the importance of comfort when it comes to eyewear, eye health, and comfort. and we’re confident you’ll agree. To get you in the right frame of mind, here's a few reasons why you should consider making glasses your go-to choice either full time or part time:
1. Comfortable Fit: Our Väri glasses are engineered for comfort. With lightweight frames and ergonomic designs, you'll forget you're wearing them, making discomfort a thing of the past and most likely ensuring you’ll be a repeat client!
2. Eye Health: Glasses provide a protective barrier between your eyes and environmental elements, reducing the risk of irritation, dryness, and infection. They also offer built-in UV protection, shielding your eyes from harmful rays. Speak to your eye care professional to make sure your lenses are treated with the coatings that you need.
3. Style and Versatility: Glasses are not just functional; they're a fashion statement. With a wide range of frames to choose from, you can express your personality and style while enjoying clear vision.
Think September sunsets and shop the VC2 in Grey Pumpkin with a double duty Orange Mirrored Clip.
4. Convenience: Easy peasy! Unlike contact lenses, glasses require minimal maintenance. A quick wipe with a microfiber cloth, and you're good to go.
Remember, if you find your glasses don’t fit properly, always check back with your eyecare professional for a tune up!
Sometimes there is nothing better than a frame!
While contact lenses may be suitable for certain situations, there are specific instances where glasses should be your first choice and finding the right frame is easy! Shop anytime using our virtual try-on at www.varieyewear.com.
You should definitely be reaching for your specs if you have any of the following:
- Dry or Irritated Eyes: If you suffer from dry eyes or frequently experience eye irritation, glasses can provide relief by reducing direct exposure to the environment. Seeing your eye doctor is also recommended!
- Eye Infections: After an eye infection or surgery, wearing contacts can be risky. Glasses offer a safe alternative while your eyes heal. Make sure to consult with your eye care professional about any lingering symptoms. Getting on top of any eye infection immediately is key!
- Computer Work: Geek overload? If you find that you are spending long hours in front of a screen you may find yourself suffering from digital eye strain. Glasses with blue-light-blocking coatings can alleviate this discomfort so speak to your eye care professional about this to ensure you add the proper coatings to your new frames.
- UV Exposure: When outdoors, especially in sunny conditions, glasses with UV protection become essential to shield your eyes from harmful UV rays. And, if you fall in love with any of our unisex frames, just know that they ALL can be converted to prescription sunglasses with UV protection if you prefer!
Remember, even if you prefer contact lenses for some occasions, having a trusty pair of glasses as a go-to option is a wise choice for your eye health. So, why compromise when you can have the most comfortable eyewear in the world? Find your perfect fit, style, and better eye health all in one package. Shop for a great pair of new glasses today!